NEW APP RESEARCH REVEALS NEARLY 50 MILLION ADULT AMERICANS HAVE PLAYED PICKLEBALL IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS
News Direct reports that The Association of Pickleball Professionals (APP) has unveiled updated pickleball participation research which reveals that 48.3 million adult Americans – nearly 19% of the total adult population – have played pickleball at least once in the past 12 months. This represents an increase of 35% since the APP’s last research was concluded in August 2022, when the adult participation number reached 36.5 million. The updated study also revealed that the average age of pickleball players is 34.8 years, considerably younger than previously assumed, highlighting the growth of the game, in particular, among people between 18 and 44.
The new research reveals additional data points for demographics and geographics of the pickleball-playing population in the United States. Read the full report here...
For a different few, here are some quotes from the various Facebook PIckleball group blogs such as The Pickleball Clinic, The Dink Pickleball, USAP and others:
- “I feel like golf grew a lot during Covid.... hard to believe this graphic with them showing such a small growth in golf - can't believe the chart at all
- Raj Parmar not even close. USAP has the [pickleball player] number at 8 million last year
- i don’t believe one out of every eight men, women and children living in the US today are playing pickleball
- CJ Cebul someone is smoking something
- Pickleball is not more popular than tennis
- Funny when USAP and other sources say it is 8 million. Where did this number come from?"
Decide for yourself!!
The Association of Pickleball Professionals (APP) says
48.3 million American adults have played pickleball at least once in the past 12 months.
Please support and thank:
We are always delighted to receive suggestions and/or contributions of content for this web site. Please send to email@example.com