Over the past several months, the Kamloops Pickleball Club (KPC) education committee has looked at different ways to support the education of new and existing members within the club. After much discussion the idea of “Partnering with a Coach” was brought forward for consideration and was subsequently approved by the KPC board.
The “Coach” that partners with the Kamloops Pickleball Club must meet several criteria as set out by the club. These include:
- Minimum Level I IPTPA, PCI certification or equivalent
- All of the City of Kamloops requirements, including First Aid, criminal record check and CPR
- Liability Insurance of at least $2 million
- Carry a business license with the City of Kamloops that allows pickleball coaching
- Be a Member of the Kamloops Pickleball Club
This coach partnership would be from April 15, 2021 – March 31, 2022 with the option of extending the contract if both sides are in agreement.