The City of Kelowna is moving toward a slow reopening of outdoor recreation facilities. During a video news conference Wednesday morning, Mayor Colin Basran announced tennis and pickleball courts, skate parks, the disc golf park and BMX track will all reopen Friday. Read full article from Castanet here.
In its latest reopening update, the Vancouver Park Board says some tennis courts will be available as early as Saturday. The park board made the announcement a day before the courts open, saying some local pickleball courts can also be used starting this weekend. The board said the city's 53 courts will be opened in a phased approach........
Read the full report from CTV News here.
During these times of restricted, but maybe loosening, social activity, the pickleball community
needs to respond with a modified operating model. The free, open drop in concept and socializing
by the side of the court approach does not match the requirements and orders put in place by our
Provincial Health Authority. The following are suggested guidelines to be considered when
returning to the courts.........
Read the full article, from Walter Knecht. President PICKLEBALLBC here.
Missing pickleball? You're not alone:
As we sit home, isolated, looking for something to do, I am sure many of you are thinking pickleball, pickleball, pickleball.
One couple in self isolation, as they just returned from the US, provided a video of their home version of pickleball:
Thank you Ross & Val Priebe!
We do not need to just watch their video - let us make our own!
Here is the CHALLENGE. And the rules.
1. Create and send a video, maximum 2 minutes in length
2. If a video is not within your capability - 5 or 6 still photos maybe?
3. Subject - YOU doing a pickleball activity at home with others in your household
4. Could be your basement, kitchen, garage, driveway - NOT a public space
5. No 'outside' people joining in
6. Spectators are OK - from across the street
7. Submit by mid-May
8. Judging of submissions will be by a panel yet to be determined
9. Prizes of some sort will be determined
10. Additional criteria and rules may be introduced as required
Objective - keep you isolated but active.
Submit your entry to: email@example.com
See entries received so far.
◄Click images to enlarge
Please support and thank:
We are always delighted to receive suggestions and/or contributions of content for this web site. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org